
Hola amigos! All is going well down here in the beautiful Caribbean. I am just starting my second week of classes which consists of a Spanish class Monday - Thursday and a sociology/history/political science course on Tuesdays/Thursdays. The work load isn't too bad for now which is good, just quite a bit of reading. This last weekend a couple friends and I went to Cabarete, up on the north coast of the island, to visit the beach and relax! It was so beautiful and peaceful up there. It took us awhile to get there considering we took public transportation, which consits of a gua-gua (basically an 8 passenger van that packs in up to 30 people), a big tour bus and some walking - however total the ride only cost us about $5 USD! It was a lot of fun though just exploring the country and getting out of Santiago for a bit. I will try to keep posting more pictures and writing on here often! E-mail or skype me (anna-peterson) to stay in touch; I'd love to hear from you all! God bless all!
Adios..
Hey Anna!
ReplyDeleteGreat to hear about your weekend trip to the beach! Sounds like you are having fun along with all your reading for classes. We are getting snow here, of course, but it is pretty. Dan & I went to Keystone yesterday for a horse-drawn sleigh ride/dinner which was fun. I am going to Fort Collins this week to visit Jill and Chris. Then we are going to Oklahoma City to see some friends next week. We love hearing from you! Are you getting our notes to you?? Love, Dan & Becky
Yes I have gotten them all! So good to hear from you guys! We actually went on a sleigh ride/dinner in Steamboat over Christmas with Paula and her kids and it was so much fun! Thanks for the comment :) Love you!
ReplyDeleteAnna